Urdu – Course code 9686
Cambridge International A & AS Level Urdu are accepted by universities and employers as proof of linguistic ability and understanding. Successful language students gain lifelong skills, including:
The ability to communicate confidently and clearly in Urdu;
- A sound understanding of the nature of language and language study, and of the skills and abilities required for further study and leisure;
- Insight into the culture and contemporary society of countries where the language is spoken;
- Better integration into communities where the language is spoken;
- Positive attitudes towards language learning, towards the speakers of other languages, and towards other cultures and societies;
- Skills which can be used in other areas of learning, such as analysis and memory skills.
Note: The use of dictionaries is not permitted in any assessment.
|Component 2||Component 3||Component 4|
|Reading and Writing||Essay||Texts|
|A Level||1 hour 45 minutes||45%||1 hour 30 minutes||20%||2 hours 30 minutes||35%|
|AS||1 hour 45 minutes||70%||1 hour 30 minutes||30%|